Monday, May 09, 2005

a series of unfortunate events

I got called from a lady regarding my job application. She asked me to go for a job interview. I couldn't remember which one it was because I've applied for so many jobs that I lost counts. I asked her for a company address. "Opposite Concourse," she said, or so I thought. " I know that place, " said me. "Anyway, I've sent you an email for more detail," she added. So I didn't ask her more. I was so excited that I din't even bother to ask her name or the company address.

I went to check all my emails(yahoo, hotmail and school email) but there wasn't any from the person. I delivered the news to my friends. They congrated me. I rechecked my emails but still didn't receive any. I decided I would call the person to ask. Before I made a phone call, I wanted to save her number first. I pressed a phone button while I was busy talking to my friends; I didnt pay much attention on what I was pressing until "Deleted" message appeared on the phone screen. I deleted the number while attempting to save it. So I couldn't call to ask for the address. All I could do was waiting for the email.

I kept checking emails every few minutes. Then I recalled what a lady on the phone told me about the job,"Online Editor". I went through all the jobs I've applied for and started to look for details of the companies. The next thing I could recall was "Opposite Concourse". I checked a street directory. There isn't any media company located opposite or nearby Concourse as far as I know. I called several companies that I've applied jobs with to check if they called anyone to come for a job interview. All said NO.

Hopelessly, I decided to just go to Concourse hoping that the person would call me, somehow. I went there early to check around Concourse. But there wasn't any sign of media companies that I know of. So I just waited, waited and waited some more. No one ever called.

I met my friend for dinner after that and told him about my miserable fate. "Are you sure it is Concourse? Maybe it is Concorde, which is at Suntec," said my friend. Hmm..Yeah maybe.

No comments: