Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Another rejection

I've been feeling very lousy since this afternoon. I went for two job interviews today but a chance to get a job seems pretty slim.

The first job interview: I had very high hope to get a job at Oak3 Films. The company did a project on Laos before and a boss seemed to like Lao a lot, according to my friends who used to work there. I emailed Jason, a manager, my particular which I included the fact that I am Lao, and he still called me to go for an interview( I thought the company would hire a foreigner like me). So I went today with some expectation. I reached Outram Park(where the company is located) two hours prior to the interview as always; I couldnt sleep well the night before, as always,too. Jason told me that currently his company has reached a quota for hiring foreigners. He's already employed German and Malaysian. So there ain't a place for any foreign employee. However, he would contact me to do freelance if there is any job available in the future...

The second job interview: I headed to Earthtree for another job interview. As I was approaching the company, my eyes caught the sign "Corncorde Hotel". Immediately I recalled about two weeks ago, someone called me to come for the interview for "Online Editor" job and "Opposite Corncorde(the location of the company which I thought it was Concourse, and of course, I couldnt find the place)". This was it, the same job I had applied two weeks ago and was called for the interview but failed to come. I was scared that they would remember me(by my particular). Fortunatedly, no one ever cared. I talked to Mark, he must be a producer, and showed him my FYP video. He didnt seem impressed because the cut was too simple for him, he said. And he has one problem with me, I am not a PR. " I will let you know next week," he said. But I guess that is just a polite way of saying, " Forget it! You ain't hired here".

No comments: