Friday, May 13, 2005

One Routine Day

Maybe it's because I'm forgetful or simply careless.

I couldn't wait to submit material to school for film festivals. I've been busy preparing it when I should have been looking for a job. After a long process of selecting festivals to submit, I created the list, submitted online entries, and prepared stills and some paper works.

I wanted to do the printing all press kits and entry forms in school because it's free. But before I printed, I wanted to replace the old picture(in the press kit) with the new one that I have extracted from FCP project. I soon realized that all PC stations in my school don't have Photoshop intalled. Only Macintoch have photoshop installed(It's abit ironic because my school is a media school.) but not all Macintoch have zip-drive reader. The ones with zip-drive readers are Multi-Media Lab(MML) and Spectrum room which in order to access the rooms, I need to get permission first. And this week MML has been occupied for a training; a Spectrum room(which is inside a studio) has been closed because technicians have to attend the training. So I decided to use a very dark picture for the press kit.

Press kit prolem solved. It's time I printed. I thought I had enough papers but I didnt. I had to go all the way to Library 1 to print. To print any document, I need to pay the fee by Cash card. The problem was I didnt have any money in my card. I approached a librarian to top up but was told that I couldn't top up the card with cash(only Net is accepted). But I didnt have money in my Net. Yeah this time of the year, I'll be always broke. Luckily the library has a service whereby you can print and pay by cash; it's abit more expensive though as opposed to paying by Cash card. Printing in colour cost 60 cents/piece!

I went back to my school delightedly with printed press kits and forms in hand. I arranged the papers nicely together and reached out for a stapler; I pressed it, "Krak!" Eh! No staple in it...

No comments: