Thursday, August 04, 2005

At Call Center

Case #01

There is a lady with heavy make-up and a heavy American accent who also speaks the loudest of them all in the company I've been working at; when she doesn't answer the phone, she talks about her so-cool-boyfriend. When her friends have a chance to say somthing, her comment is always "THAT'S HOT!"

But that is not an annoying part. The annoying one comes when she answers the phone.

"Goodmorning!Thank you for calling; this is Rachel, how can I help you?......Have a great day, Mam! Bai Bye!" She puts down the phone and turns to her friend, "She's such a bitch! You know, she kept asking the same questions, very annoying!" Then the phone rings.

"Goodmorning! Thank you for calling, this is Rachel,how can I help you?....."

THAT'S HOT!

Case #02

Another lady sitting behind me picks up the phone:

"(With an American accent)Goodmorning! Thank you for calling. This is Joyce. How can I help you?(Pauses a bit, then replies with a heavy Singaporean accent)Like that hah? Is it?...OK we got free gift for you. You can collect your free gift next week because our free gifts are out of stock this week..."

Sometimes I wanna shout,"OK I got it! Stop your free gift already."

Case #03

There is also a Lao guy who can speak Thai, or so he claims, working under the same company as two forementioned ladies. He rehearses saying a Thai name before making every single call.

Lao guy:"(In Thai)Sawaddee Krab! May I speak to Khun Chanthana(he pronounces it as SHANthana), please?"

The other end:"It's Chanthanna(she corrects her name. CHAN should be pronounced as JAN not SHAN)Ka!

SHANthana is associated with a female-factory worker. All thanks to a popular song titled SHANTHANA. The song is about a girl named SHANTHANA who has to work in a factory for a living. Because its popularity, Thai people associate this name, SHANTHANA, with a lady who works in the factory. CHANTHANA, on the other hand, is a name for more high-class people.

The other end:"(continues)May I know which part of Thailand are you from? You don't seem to speak Thai clearly."

Lao guy:"I'm not Thai. I'm Singaporean but have been learning Thai for two years."

The other end:" Wow! Is that so? Your Thai is very good."

Lao guy: "Yeah.Well..."

3 comments:

xaisongkham said...

Lying other people is my speciality.Hehe...

Anonymous said...

hahaha. indeed.

xaisongkham said...

Thank you very much. At last I am good at something. So proud of myself.