Friday, January 04, 2008

Sex, Beer Lao, and Lottery

Socializing or mangling with acquaintances these days has been awkward and sometimes a pain in the neck. I call them 'acquaintances' because I will never feel connected to them as 'friends'. Every time I try to have conversation with them, it always goes like this:

Person A: You have to check out that whore (prostitute, sex worker, bitch or whatever you address them) at so and so. She is new here and hot. I can bring you there tonight or now (while we are having lunch).

Person B: Have you tried (f***ed) that girl? She has big tits. I've already slept with her few times. And every time, I did more than one. You should try.

Person C: Xai, you should not torture yourself, just go and make some donation (sperm and money) to those girls.

Person D: Xai, you don't dare to sleep with a prostitute, do you? Are you gay?

Person E: Blah blah blah...sex...blah blah blah...prostitute...

And what do they do when they gather, drinking Beer Lao. Apparently, not being able to drink is socially unacceptable. If you can't drink, your colleagues or so-called friends are not likely to invite you to join them. And sometimes they will think you are not man enough for not drinking beer. "Pepsi is so for a girl,'' they would say. I'm sick of trying to explain to them how badly my liver has been damaged by this alcohol and that I can't drink it. It rarely works. Can we have fun and good conversation without influence of alcohol? I'm sure we can.

The other thing that always occupies the conversation they have is lottery. Anything under the sun and in their dreams can be translated into numbers. I don't know how they do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds just like the navy.

xaisongkham said...

Navy at the sea? Talking about prostitute? Oh

arcibaldo said...

talking about sex with beerlao, i may have experienced this already, but not the lottery.