Thursday, January 15, 2009

Since when only girls are allowed to be vulnerable and sensitive?

During our 'conversation' via Windows Live Messenger, my friend in Japan who just got married recently dropped the news about our friend being engaged.

My friend
: Do you know our friend SK just got engaged last December in Cambodia?

Me: No way! He never told us or me about this!!

My friend: Well, he didn’t tell me either. I just found out about this recently from his fiancĂ©e when she added me in her Facebook. She’s really cute. You can find her in my Facebook. You should check her out. You’ll like her.

Me: Nah. Forget about it. If our friend didn’t want to tell us about his engagement, let’s leave it like that.

My friend: Gosh, you sound upset.

Me
: Not upset…just a little bit disappointed.

My friend: Right. Come on. It’s just an engagement.

Me: Yeah right. It’s JUST an engagement. Later on it’ll be JUST a wedding. We were good friends when we’re in Singapore, you know. When you are happy, you should tell your friends about it, shouldn’t you? If you didn’t tell me about your wedding, I would be very disappointed, too.

My friend: You know I would never do that, of course. Gosh, you really sound upset. If you were a girl, I would think you were in love with SK. You are so SENSITIVE!

Me
: Guys don’t do THAT (being upset by not being informed about certain things by their friends)??

My friend
: No! Only girls do THAT.

Me:...

No comments: