Friday, December 19, 2008

You know I'd walk a thousand miles if I could just see you tonight.

I'm stuck in Vientiane 'alone' and feeling so bored/miserable/pathetic/empty. I should have gone home by now. But I'm still on my annual leave.

I'm in Vientiane because my Singaporean friends and I were traveling from Xiengkhouang to Luangprabang, Vang Vieng and Vientiane. They left for Singapore yesterday morning. I decided to stay back in Vientiane because I'm still on holiday. Having travelled with friends since last week and been here in Vientiane for countless times, I have lost interest in doing anything else. Not doing or lacking interest in doing 'anything' makes me feel bored/miserable/pathetic/empty. And I start to miss my friends who have just left.

And I don't feel like going back to my work.

2 comments:

arcibaldo said...

you're fortunate to be there... as i'm already missing someone from there (and it'll be like a couple of months for me to see her again if i do).

i remember rilke writing about how solitude can be both good and bad for a person... and it does make one look more inside one's self (or soul). hopefully your stay alone will prove beneficial.

xaisongkham said...

Your girlfriend is from Vientiane? Absence makes the heart grows fonder, isn't it?

I like to be in solitude. It's better to be alone than to be with a bad companion. But once you have found good companions, you want them to be around often.