Thursday, December 18, 2008

Reality Check

Let see what have and have not been implemented on my New Year's Resolutions list:

*Study IELTS for AusAid- I'm applying for Filmmaking course! Accomplished.

*Write a short-film script- about a Lao construction worker who falls in love with a Chinese masseuse but he can't speak a word of Chinese...Ah! Initiated but not materialized.

*Save money and visit friends in Singapore- see you all in Singapore in November! I visited friends in Singapore in April but not in November due to work commitment; an old school mate visited me in Laos in December.

*Help my sister to build her house. Almost completed. It is an on-going commitment for me.

*Write more emails to my host family and old friends- I feel so bad for not keeping in touch with them. Irregularly done. I will try to do it better.

*Consume less Pepsi, Coke, Beer Lao, Lao wine...Strictly followed but could have done better. I should have included 'less coffee' into this list.

*Exercise more- I have only one body; if I don't take care of it, no body will. And if I'm sick, I won't be able to do anything. Seldom practiced besides climbing up the mountain to inspect my radio transmitter.

*Read more books-Thai, Lao and English books- I need to keep my brain stimulated. Bought a lot of books but have not finished reading any of them besides mags.

*Keep updating my blog- I hate writing but...Irregularly done so but have been trying.

*Have my teeth whitened. Have not done but will get them whitened soon.

*Visit my family- at the end of the day, sisters and brothers are the ones who love and care for me the most. Visited them once.

*Have my hair grown- I want to feel my head full of hair again. Have been trying but still have had no luck.

*Finish my food-always think about those African kids who are starving. Have always finished my rice.

No comments: