Friday, May 19, 2006

Which is worse?

So people think I'm balding. According to my colleague, men should be worried if they are fat and bald. She looked at me and said, "Oh Sorry! But you're not fat! And you have tanned-skin."

So much pressure on my head, I decided to see a doctor. Actually I'd been eyeing on that "Male Pattern Hair Loss" poster outside the clinic below my block for quite sometime. But I was too shy to admit that I have a "problem".

I woke up early in the morning just to make sure that I could be the first person to see a doctor. I walked in. There were already few people inside. I sat down and wondered if this was a good idea. Fifteen minutes later, I walked out.

I ended work early and went back home, still thinking about the clinic. When I reached home, the clinic was still open. I walked around outside the clinic for almost 10 minutes or so, not sure whether I should go in. Twenty minutes left before it's closed, I walked in. Now there's no returning back. I registered and waited. Oh man I never felt this nervous for so long. The lady signaled for me to go in. She didn't call my name. I guess she wasn't sure how to.

Once inside, the conversation went like this:

Doc: Sawadee Krup! Which part of Thailand are you from?
Me: Er...I'm from Laos.
Doc:Oh but your name sounds so Thai...So what's your problem?
Me: Not so much a problem. It's just my hair...

After examination:

Doc: It looks very serious. This is what we call Male Pattern Hair Loss. You'd better start seeking treatment before it's gone completely...

The doctor explained the cause of my hair problem and how I could get treatment. He mentioned about pills and cost of them.

Doc: you need to take it daily for at least 1 year to see visible results...
Me: wow! any side effects?
Doc: yeah you may lose sexual urges. You can still function normal; it's just that you don't feel the urge for it.
Me: it doesn't sound so bad.


It sounds impotent to me. So I have to choose between losing hair or losing sexual desires. Very tough! But you see, I want to have my head full of hair so I can attract other human beings more. So my sex life can be improved.

Nah I'm just being vain.

Some people say just be content with what you have. And in my case I should be content with what I don't have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

come on! you are cool, just like Christ without those short straight hair. Cool eh!