Friday, June 29, 2007

You can't bring me down today.

I am on top of the world. I can't remember when was the last time I am so excited like this?

My friend who sat for the same Fulbright Scholarship's Screening Test as mine a couple weeks ago messaged me," hey xai I got to the next round! how abt you? you need to call them and ask." I was happy for my friend, at the same time, my heart shrank and was filled with mix emotions both excited and nervous. I wanted to know so badly if I got in but I was also afraid what if I didn't get in. Although I said to my housemate, " It doesn't matter if I didn't pass this Screening Test. I just wanted to try," of course deep inside, it does matter to me. Hey I was a scholar and graduated from Singapore, a lion city, you know. Nervous and scared I might be, I couldn't bear waiting for the results any longer. I decided to call. " How do you think you did, sir?" a person on the other end of the phone asked. " I did my best. So how did I do?" I asked. " Hmm you got 131 points (out of 150)," he responded. "Yeah? Was it good?" I asked excitedly and almost jumped inside a toilet. " Yeah pretty high," said he. " Really? It means...?" I asked for confirmation.Yes! I got into the next round for Fulbright Scholarship, you know, the scholarship for the brightest people on earth. The next round is an oral interview.Nah I don't expect too high. After all, I am not that so bright. I am just going to give by best shot and see how it goes. As the say goes " Hope for the best but expect the worst." I bear that in mind.

No comments: